Purple Gallinule (Porphyrula martinica) - Yvi San

Leave a Comment

I got a closer shot of this bird this time though I didn't get a good shot of its beautiful legs and feet. It's interesting because the bird is said to be reluctant to do so but at the same time it migrates. It spends the winter in South Florida and south down to Argentina. In the summer they will move north into the Gulf coast states and all of Florida.

The coloring on this one was pristine. It may be a young bird. I've seen those whose color has faded a bit, particularly on the beak. I'll be looking for these in the wetlands when I go. They have been there for a bit but they are hard to take a clear picture of because they prefer hanging out in reeds.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment